Saturday, March 14, 2015

C4T #2 Post 1 and 2


Brendan Jones   's post of Game on. Who's with me? is a review of how Brendan is on an ongoing quest to try put video gaming or other technology into his classroom.  While using a gaming system on his compute, he has tried to think of ways that the skills needed in online gaming could be brought into his classroom. Using his professional learning network and some small dry runs, Brendan still continues to perfect his goal of using gaming skills for his physical fitness class.

My Comment:
Hi Brendan, I enjoyed your post on incorporating video games into teaching. I am a student at the University of South Alabama in EDM 310 class.  This is an educational-media class which looks at great ways to put teaching and technology together.  I look forward to seeing if your gaming skill ideas will work out for you in the classroom.  I do believe you are on to something.  Good Luck.  I also have enjoyed your web page.  Thank you.  Tanya Guillory.


I do believe Brendan will complete his quest for finding an exact combination between gaming and physical fitness.  He is energetic and motivated and open minded.


Thinking "why", not "how" by Brendan Jones
is a post of his visit to a local food chain and seeing how technology spoke to the customers. Like the food chain,  Brendan feels that we have the "how"of technology down, for our own customers (students).  The hard part of teaching with technology is the   "why".


My Comment:
Brendan, Hi. My name is Tanya Guillory, I am an education student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama.  I too have given thought to the "why" not the "how" part of education dealing with technology and how they must come closer together.  So far, I have not found your bridge but I am still looking.  I really think you are on to something.  I enjoy reading your blog.  Thanks.

Brendan's post reveals a concern many teachers face today with the question of how much technology do I need to teach my students.  He is very positive and very determined to find that exact combination that will work for him.



No comments:

Post a Comment