Saturday, March 14, 2015

Blog Post #8



Randy Pausch's Last Lecture  was one of the best videos I have watched this year.  He had so much information in one hour.  I liked all his ideas and how he showed them to his audience by using a time line concerning  his life.  He mixed the project learning method with technology combined with imagination and teamwork. Randy then  presented the results in a storytelling manner. Randy used his own personal story to introduce the unlimited potential we all have from becoming continuous learners with the help of others.


Randy's lectures touch on many topics that could be a entire lecture on each topic.  What I learned about teaching is Randy's introduction of head fake and the use of brick walls. Both of these concepts I feel will help improve my teaching ability.  I have also learned from Randy is the importance of  calling your mentor.  I can see where having a personal learning network would help when one realizes you cannot do everything alone.

Randy's last lecture also shed light on team work and being a good team player.  I do believe this is a good lesson for students and teachers.  Randy reminds us by supporting one another, progress in education and technology are limitless.


2 comments:

  1. Tanya,
    At first, I saw how long it was and thought I was going to get bored. But I was really intrigued by what he was saying, and thought he gave some great advice. You did a great job hitting on all the high points of his lecture. I really liked when Randy talked about the brick wall scenario. It really made a lot of sense to me. It taught me a lot and changed my way of thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The the driving question is, what can we learn from him about TEACHING.

    ReplyDelete