Sunday, April 26, 2015

Blog Post #5 --Part B


Blog Post #5 Part B





Websites on Personal Learning Networks can be found all over the internet.  I was introduced to the concept of Personal Learning Networks in our EDM310 class.  It has been a concept that was easy to enjoy.   PLN's are a great way to help share  information with other people with the same interest.  The different  ways we share information is limitless.  My two favorite PLN's  are emailing and my new love, Twitter.

 Today, emailing sounds old fashion or out of date compared to other forms of sharing. I just love to send and receive email and all the attachments that go with them.  I love having a digital written correspondence to save or to share. I am constantly giving my email address  to others. I also leave my email on any opportunities if I think it is appropriate.  I love checking my email on my phone, my tablet as well as my laptop.  I love sharing a link or pictures with others in my PLN.

My new love for my PLN is Twitter.  I followed my instructor and the lab assistants on Twitter this semester and I learned a lot from them.  I added teachers and some educational blog pages to follow as well. This is a new way to see what others are doing quickly.  I still have a lot to learn, but that is what EDM310 taught us as well.  We are all learners , as well as teachers.   I hope to someday have good post on Twitter that is worthwhile to people who are following me.

I am at the beginning stages of my PLN compared to what I envision to have in my career.  I hope to be a positive contributor to my educational field.  I do believe that PLN's can make my teaching much more enriching that will only benefit myself as a teacher, but will also help my students as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment