Sunday, February 8, 2015

C4T #1- Project 4 Post 1&2


Post #1: In my comment for teacher project,  I was assigned William Ferriter,  The Tempered Radical.  He has written books on managing education and has an extensive website which he includes slide shows as his blogs as well.  The first blog I  read dealt with the idea of schools spending too much money on technology. He also suggested that schools should focus on the real issue of education, the learner, not how much technology a school has in their classroom.

My Comment: I posted my first comment to William Ferriter and introduced myself as college student majoring in education.  I thought some of his views were very unlike the ones I feel are being taught in our class here at University at South Alabama. I did agree with a lot of what he said about technology and its usage in teaching . He suggested that technology  could possible even get in the way of learning if not properly supervised by teachers.  I told him I enjoyed his blog and his realistic observations.  I signed on to follow  him in the future.


Google kids with computers  images, clip art




Post #2: The second blog that I saw was a slide show William Ferriter put together on Filter.  I sensed  some hostile feelings by the choice of  graphic images that William Ferriter put in his slide show.  There was not any cute kittens in this slide show and very few smiling faces. I see where he gets the tempered in his the tempered radical name. He has a strong concern about technology replacing education and the outcome it will have on our students, especially if  technology is not used properly.

My Comment: I posted a positive second comment  to William Ferriter.  He does have some very good points and I do believe his opinion on the matter is quite creditable.  I found him very enlightening and engaging.  If anyone could find the correct equation between technology and teacher instruction in a classroom, I feel  it would be William Ferriter. I really enjoyed viewing his blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment