Sunday, February 15, 2015

Blog Post #5 PLN's What Are They?


Image result for project based learning clipart  in google








PLN's or Personal Learning Networks  was not something I knew anything about before this week.  Wow.  After listening to Dr. Lomax and watching the different video's on Personal Learning Networks I can see how PLN can help with my project base learning.  This is all new to me but it is very exciting.  The first step I have taken is starting a Twitter account. My first additions were  my instructors and my group classmates.

How can they help you as a teacher? PLN can help me as a teacher by using my network of contacts as referrals to my students when working on different projects in their project base learning.  I love history,  in particular history of the civil war, so I look forward to adding teachers and other agencies to my Twitter account who have the same interest as I.

I have to form my PLN  based on what interest myself and my class. I plan to ask for referrals from teachers that I already admire and I also plan to  ask for some good references and resources  with the contacts that I already have.  I understand that my network can be world wide and it will be exciting to find other educators who have the same interest as my own.






2 comments:

  1. Hi Tanya! I love the idea of a PLN. I started mine on Symbaloo, where did you start yours? I have a twitter as well, the only people on it so far are education advice sites and educators. The PLN seems to be a great network and a good resource, let's see where it gets us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I love your ideas. I also started a Symbaloo, and I love it. It is now my homepage. I have twitter also, but I haven't used it much since high school.

    ReplyDelete